Friday, October 17, 2014

Two Week Warning!

Because NANO is only two more weeks away!

Prep is going well. Last night I worked on the first chapter synopsis. As of today, I put aside all other projects so that I can get all of the chapters in synopsis form before November 1.

I'm finding that even though I'm only writing a synopsis, the personalities of my characters are already shining through. My heroine is going be the kind of girl that tries to show a tough exterior even when she's scared and my hero really does have a good heart. The antagonist is showing his jerk side early so all is truly well in synopsis land at this time. Hopefully, it'll stay that way.

Actually, I do have one more plot point to shove into my 3rd draft project before I temporarily abandon it. Came up with it on the the way home from work. I try to go backroads whenever possible, which gives me the opportunity to let my creative mind go to work while the non-creative keeps an eye on the road. I've come up with a lot of good ideas while in the car. Some I've remembered long enough to get them down on paper when I get home. Some, not so much.

This idea is pretty well seated and will fall nicely within the plot of this particular novel. It's something that needs addressed anyway so I don't believe I will lose it before I can get it into Scrivener.

Excited and nervous for NANO. I just don't want to get stuck and let this project fall by the wayside. One reason I'm going about this novel a bit differently. I don't think having a synopsis for each chapter will inhibit creativity but it's kind of nice to know how each chapter will play out so that I don't have to worry about what to write next. If an idea hits that I haven't already though of and it works for the plot, I'll find a way to get it in there, even if I have to just make a note of it and move on. NANO is for a continuous writing flow, after all. Fixing the parts that don't work is what 2nd draft is for.


No comments: